Thursday, January 11th 2024 19:00
5642 CV Eindhoven
Free (registration required)
Living in the Netherlands as an expat comes with its own set of legal considerations, especially when it comes to estate planning and guardianship arrangements. It’s crucial to understand the implications of passing away while residing in the Netherlands, particularly regarding inheritance tax and guardianship for your children. Dutch inheritance tax can significantly impact your estate, and clear guardianship arrangements ensure the well-being of your children.
At the Hypotheekshop Eindhoven West, we understand the importance of family security, estate planning, and making clear guardianship arrangements for expats. We’re committed to offering valuable insights that help safeguard your family’s future.
Join our free English presentation on Dutch Wills, Testaments, and Guardianship
The Importance of Estate Planning for Expats
An effective estate plan, along with clear guardianship arrangements, is more than just a legal necessity; it’s a peace-of-mind guarantee for your family’s future. Neglecting to have a will or clear guardianship plan can lead to substantial tax burdens for your heirs and leave crucial decisions, such as the guardianship of your children, in the hands of the courts.
Key Considerations for Expats
- Dutch Community Property Law and Cohabitation Agreements: Understanding the Dutch community property system and the role of cohabitation agreements is essential for expats, as they can significantly impact the distribution of assets and inheritance rights.
- Inheritance Tax Implications: Dutch inheritance tax can have a significant impact on your estate, and expats need to be aware of the applicable exemptions and allowances.
- Guardianship Arrangements: Ensuring the well-being of your children is paramount, and clear guardianship arrangements are crucial in the event of your passing.
Your host for the evening: Marks Wachters
Marks Wachters notarissen is the leading notary firm of Eindhoven and Nuenen. Marks Wachters notarissen excels in providing top-notch services for individuals and businesses, earning a stellar client satisfaction rating of 9+. Their commitment involves combining high-quality expertise with personal attention. They prioritize clarity, using everyday language to explain complex notarial issues, ensuring clients fully understand the process. Their approach revolves around taking the time to listen, empathize, and delve into each situation, resulting in tailored solutions that benefit clients both personally and professionally.
We would be delighted to welcome you on Thursday, January 11th 2024 at 19:00 at the Marks Wachters office at Insulindelaan 115, 5642 CV Eindhoven.
Register now for the free presentation in English about understanding wills, testaments and guardianship in the NetherlandsClick here
Empower Yourself with Knowledge
Our free English presentation on Dutch Wills, Testaments, and Guardianship for Expats is designed to empower you with the knowledge and understanding you need to safeguard your family’s future.
- Dutch community property law and cohabitation agreements
- Inheritance tax implications for expats
- Guardianship arrangements and options
- Practical steps to create an effective estate plan
Secure Your Spot Today
Join us for our complimentary, informative one-hour presentation, tailored specifically for expats. Take the first step towards securing your family’s future and achieving peace of mind with estate planning.
Information about the free presentation
- When? Thursday, January 11th 2024 at 19:00
- Where? At the Marks Wachters office on Insulindelaan 115, 5642 CV Eindhoven
- Cost? It’s totally free! All we need from you is your registration. There will be complimentary food and drinks available.
- Key speakers? Remy de Gier and Anique Wetzels are Junior civil-law notaries at notary office Marks Wachters in Eindhoven. They both specialize in inheritance tax and estate planning.